Nukeproof Digger Factory Gravel Bike
What even is “gravel biking”? Some sort of 1990’s love child from a ménage à trois between a Mountain, cyclocross and road bike?
Well, the Digger has long been Nukeproof’s take on a gravel/ adventure/ drop bar bike that goes off road. What started during an (slightly) intoxicated conversation with Sam Hill in an Italian town, has ended up as a cult product in our range.
The Digger is designed as a do-it-all training bike, commuter bike and bike to just go out and explore with. The Nukeproof Digger offers something slightly different to some of the “true gravel bikes” in the market, it is designed and spec’ed with the soul of a mountain bike. Slightly more gravity focused geometry, wide bars, dropper posts and 1x drivetrain. The New Digger has been totally redesigned, more confidence inspiring on technical descents and to be more versatile on long adventures.
The 6061-T6 frame has been completely redesigned, all new tube profiles have been engineered to make the Digger stronger to ensure reliability on those back country epics. The frame is 2 degrees slacker in the head angle and reach is increased by 20mm across all sizes. This allows for the use of shorter stems improving rider confidence and control in the corners (and keep it more MTB). The frame is also designed around fitting an aggressive 200-45c tyre and still have 7mm of clearance for even the filthiest of rides.
Nukeproof have also reengineered the fork to use T800 UD carbon, this offers a much stiffer and direct ride again enhancing the handling, whilst also soothing out trail chatter. The seat posts are also designed to be shorter allowing for longer dropper posts (the Digger now takes a 31.6mm dropper so benefiting from a huge variety of MTB droppers available if fitting post purchase)
Increased usability for adventure was a key factor in the re-design. Nukeproof have engineered in Pannier & rack mounts, gear accessories mounts, fork bag mounting points, x2 water bottle mounts and mud guard/ fender points all help make the Digger ready for any multi day/ week adventure.
So in summary, what is new about the Digger? Everything.
FEATURES & UPDATES:
- The all-new frame is manufactured from hydroformed 6060-T6 Triple Butted aluminium, light yet strong and stiff yet compliant in the right areas.
- Lightweight high modulus T700 HM-UD carbon fork with a tapered steerer ensures compliance over rough terrain and lateral stiffness in the corners.
- Shorter seat tubes designed for internally routed Dropper seatposts for ultimate confidence when the trails get technical.
- User friendly internal cable routing with anti-rattle foam for a clean look.
- Plenty of mud clearance and a rear triangle that allows up to 700cx45c or 650bx47c tyres.
- 1x Specific for modern gravel/adventure drive trains.
- SRAM UDH Gear Hanger.
- 12x100mm front and 12x142mm rear bolt through for stiffness.
- Pannier Mounts for commuting or bringing your gear for overnight adventure rides.
- Fender Mounts.
- Gear accessory mount on top of top tube.
- Threaded 68mm Bottom Bracket.
- 3D Contoured Rubber frame protection for chain stay.
- Max chainring size is 40T (38T Oval)
- Flat Mount Brake Mounts