The Hardtail: Often mooted as the perfect style bike to master your first pedal strokes into the world of mountain biking or the best way to develop your bike handling skills. Mastering a hardtail will sharpen your skills from perfecting your balance point on the bike through to being creative with the trail ahead reading natural features to generate speed. One thing is for sure though; you shouldn’t underestimate what this hardtail is truly capable of.
The all-new Scout is a graduate from the school of gravity. Its geometry is on the “aggressive” side of coin, designed to attack the trail ahead. The new pedalling position, developed using Nukeproof’s Saddle Offset theory, will propel you efficiently up the trail ready for the gnarliest descent you can handle. The new geometry adds to the all-round capability of the Scout. Improved riding position and sizing combined with a low bottom bracket enhances your control in the corners. The Scout is a versatile frame; ready to scout out endless single track, session technical enduro trails or just hoon around like you’re auditioning for the latest “Scoutin’ About” video epic.
The Nukeproof Scout is the embodiment of the Nukeproof attitude. In riding a Scout, you become part of something special; every ride of this hardcore hardtail rewards every last drop of your skill and commitment when riding. In owning a Scout, you are inducted into something a little bit special too, that subtle nod of appreciation from other Scout owners that you too know what a special frame this is, through to the support and community that has grown around Scout ownership.
The New Scout, welcome to the world of Scoutin’ About, it really is an attitude.
The 3rd generation the Scout has been tweaked to be the finest vintage of Scout.
Key upgrades include:
- All new frame: The frame itself has matured slightly. Subtle touches such as moulded protection through to new UDH (universal derailleur hanger) dropouts to name but a few of the upgrades.
- “Tweaked” geometry- We loved the way the V2 Scout rode, but a few subtle updates to areas such as the seat tube and head tube angles make this latest version even better.
- Improved sizing: The new Scout offers size specific chainstays as well as improved spacing of sizes to match the rest of the Nukeproof range.
- Sizing: Scout comes from Small to XL in 275 and Medium to XXL in the 290 version, updated geometry to give the V3 Scout more efficiency to the trails and more attitude on the trails.
- The all new Nukeproof Scout builds on the cult like “Scoutin’ About” attitude of the hardtail. Buying a Scout means not only do you get the raddest hardtail on the market, join one of the best communities of bikers.
Custom triple butted hydro-formed Alloy
RockShox Recon Silver RL, 140mm, 42mm Offset, Solo air, Gloss Black
Nukeproof Neutron V2 Hub 15x110mm, built onto a 29” WTB STi30 TCS 2.0 Rim, 32H
Nukeproof Neutron V2 Hub, Shimano freehub with 36 points of engagement, 148x12mm, built onto a 29” WTB STi30 TCS 2.0Rim, 32H
Front: Schwalbe Magic Mary, Snakeskin, TL Easy, Addix Soft, 29x2.35’’; Rear: Schwalbe Nobby Nic, DD, RaceGuard, TL Easy, Addix, 29x2.35’’
Shimano M5100 Deore 10 Speed Crank, 170mm, 30T, 52mm Chainline
Shimano M4100-R Deore 10-Speed, (I-Spec EV)
Shimano M5120 Deore 10-Speed
KMC X10 10-Speed, with Quick Link
Sunrace CSMS2 10-Speed, 11-46T Black
Shimano MT4100 Lever with Shimano MT410 2 Pot Caliper, Resin Pads
Shimano SM-RT56, 180mm
Shimano SM-RT56, 180mm
Nukeproof Neutron V2 25mm Rise, Width – M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm, XXL800mm
Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black
Nukeproof Neutron, Black
Nukeproof Neutron, Black, 31.6mm, 450mm
Nukeproof Warhead, 44-56 IITS
Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
|C||(C) EFFECTIVE TOP TUBE LENGTH||624.7||645||665|
|D||(D) SEATTUBE LENGTH||410||440||460|
|E||(E) EFFECTIVE SEATTUBE ANGLE||74°||74°||74°|
|F||(F) SEATTUBE ANGLE (ACTUAL)||72°||72°||72°|
|G||(G) SADDLE HEIGHT AT SADDLE OFFSET||700||750||800|
|H||(H) SADDLE OFFSET AT SADDLE HEIGHT||194||209||224|
|I||(I) HEADTUBE LENGTH||100||110||120|
|J||(J) HEADTUBE ANGLE||64.5°||64.5°||64.5°|
|K||(K) CHAINSTAY LENGTH||432.5||435||437.5|
|L||(L) FRONT CENTRE||763.5||785.2||806.8|
|N||(N) BOTTOM BRACKET DROP||-70||-70||-70|
|O||(O) BOTTOM BRACKET HEIGHT||307||307||307|
|P||(P) STAND OVER HEIGHT||691.97mm||707.63mm||711.84|
|Q||(Q) FORK TRAVEL||140||140||140|
|S||(S) FORK OFFSET||42||42||42|
|T||(T) AXLE TO CROWN||551||551||551|
|U||(U) MAXIMUM SEATPOST INSERT||255||285||300|